Dear Authors and Publishers,
Thank you for taking the time to read my promotional posts policy!! My policy is long, but it is also thorough. I know that there are many incredible bloggers and book influencers out there, and I want to make sure we make the right choice to collaborate together ✨ If you’re looking for my review policy, click here. First of all, I do not endorse books I have not read. This means, if you’re interested in a promotional post where your book is featured, I strongly recommend you send me a copy of your book, with the understanding that it has a possibility not guarantee of being reviewed. (Read my Review Policy)
I would be thrilled to host a giveaway for you! Not only do I love giveaways, but so does everyone else! These can run a few ways –
- Blog giveaway? Provide a rafflecopter link! Or, I can have people comment on the post, pick a person, and send you the contact details!
- Instagram giveaway? Let me know the parameters (follow me, follow you and comment on the post are the usual!) I’ll pick a commenter to win and send you the details.
If you’d like for me to host a giveaway for a book, be sure to include the following info in your request:
- Title/Author (if you’re giving away a book)
- Book format (ARC, finished copy, kindle, audiobook) or another prize (like merch, a gift card, swag, a copy of the book, the entire series, a first-class ticket to the Northpole)
- A picture of the prize, if you can, to entice a larger crowd
- Shipping requirements (the US, US/CA, other regions, or international)
- The run time of the giveaway
- Any additional information you’d like to include (Is the book signed? etc.)
Kate, a Dreamer will host the giveaway but is not responsible for obtaining or sending out the prizes won by the winner. This will be the responsibility of the publisher or author – whoever emails me.
Only Exclusive Original Content, please
I pride myself on my blog being a place with completely original and exclusive content. If you submit content to me, I ask that you not post it anywhere else. Feel free to put a link to your post on your website, social media, on other blogs, where ever. But please do not give other blogs – or your own website – a cut-and-paste of the same content. If I find that same content elsewhere, your post on my site will be deleted.
I would love to host you as a guest post! Please note: I don’t accept guest posts that feature you talking about your book or the process. I want you to pretend to be a book blogger and chat as a reader! Other readers are more likely to connect to you. I will of course spotlight you as an author and your book at the bottom of the post (please remember that I don’t feature books I haven’t read! So send me a review copy please!) There are several post possibilities for you to consider! You can recommend your favorite books/series, do a book tag, talk about an issue in the book community, answer FAQ reader questions, or post original, exclusive content! I’m not a writing blog, so put your reader hat on and chat. If you have another idea, feel free to pitch it to me! Be sure to include, after our initial conversation, the following information when requesting a Guest Post
- Will you be able to offer me a copy of your book?
- When will you be able to have the content to me by? Deadline!
- What is the title of your book?
- What is the subject of your post? You can, of course, change your mind later. This is to avoid the awkwardness of me or someone else writing a post with the same subject.
- Why are you doing this guest post? (Promotional purposes/release day celebration/just cause/because you love my blog)
- Would you consider running a giveaway alongside this guest post?
- Your social media accounts/websites (links pls)
If you’re confused by anything, I’m a very friendly person :) Just shoot me an email at email@example.com and I’ll be happy to answer any questions/clarifications
If you’re interested in a promotional idea that’s not on this page, I would love to hear it!! Please, send me an email :) Just because I haven’t posted any playlists myself doesn’t mean you can’t! I emphasized this above, but please be aware that I am not a writing blog. I want my followers to connect with you as a reader, not as a writer. Take this into consideration when you pitch your ideas. I want to thank you again for choosing (or considering) my humble blog-abode to host your promotion. Please email me if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org