You’ve never seen food-related content from me! That’s because I don’t cook 🙈. However, now that I’m home for the semester and don’t have a dining hall, plus the fact that I just signed an apartment lease for next year, it’s high time that I start.
Plus, with the air on the cusp of turning crisp and chilly, 🥰 I’m feeling the autumn vibes, something I’m looking for reflected in my food.
I love muffins! They’re always an exciting choice of snack, and they’re something you can quickly eat on your way out of the door in the morning. The cinnamon flavor made them feel really festive and fun, and I will definitely be making this again! My family ran up the stairs to tell me this was a “HOMERUN SUCCESS!” and to ask when they could expect more to be made 😁✨
These muffins were honestly quite easy! Preheat the oven to 375º F, combine all the dry ingredients, separately combine all the wet ingredients, then mix them together to pour into the muffin cups. Admittedly, when I made these, I made eight very large muffins (we didn’t have another tin and I was impatient, LOL!) so the cinnamon-sugar mixture on top was far too much. Next time, I might try to make the two batches this recipe makes!
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease 16 muffins cups.
- In a bowl, combine the 2 cups of flour, 1 cup sugar, 4 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp cinnamon, and ½ tsp salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the 1 cup milk, ½ cup vegetable oil, and 2 eggs. Stir just until combined – don’t overmix.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tbsp sugar, and the 1 tsp of cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the tops of the batter filled cups.
- Bake the muffins until a toothpick instead in the center comes out clean, 13-15 minutes.
Share the Love!
What are your favorite go-to recipes? Do you try to eat with the season, too? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you!