Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s basically a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
How my week went
Well. I really only do these Sunday Posts when I have something to share … and well, two weeks ago I fell off a chair and am now on crutches. AND NO, I was not sitting down on the chair. That would just be pathetic. Of course I was standing on the chair, which makes far more logical sense. It wasn’t even the fall off the chair that hurt, no that part was fine. I fall off chairs all the time, it was no big deal. But when I was getting up onto the chair, my ankle snapped sideways and then I wasn’t on the chair anymore. So now I’m crutching around, unable to walk and scratch my nose at the same time.
So if I haven’t been getting back to your emails – you know why. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Last Month on the Blog
- TBR Pile Challenge 2018
- Review: Unwritten by Chelsea M. Cameron.
- Top Ten Book Resolutions and Goals for 2018 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Biannual Bibliothon Winter 2018 TBR
- Top Ten Books I Meant to Read in 2017 But Didn’t (Top Ten Tuesday)
This Week on the Blog
Yo, love is in the air and I am hyped for Valentine’s Day!! You may remember that last year I did a Love Letters compilation where different authors wrote love letters between their main couples for Vday …. well we’re doing that again!! The new year seriously snuck up on me and I got my emails out late, so we don’t have as many participants this year. But I’m sure you will love it just as much!! We also have a fantastic giveaway, once again! Be sure to check back on Valentine’s Day for that lovely treat :)
What I Read This Year so Far
I haven’t read that much this year… and you’ll notice a large portion of what I have read is by one of my favorite authors, Nalini Singh. What can I say? I finally finished the Psy-Changeling series, and I had to start right back over before Silver Silence arrived. I need my Singh fix!
- Unwritten by Chelsea M. Cameron (Review) – 2 stars
- Rock Hard by Nalini Singh (Review) – 5 stars reread
- After the Game by Abbi Glines – 3.5 stars
- Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh – 5 stars!
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – 3 stars
- Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh – 5 stars!
- Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (Review) – 5 star reread
- Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh (Review) – 5 stars reread
- Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh (Review) – 5 star reread
- CR: Silver Silence by Nalini Singh
Hopefully some reviews will happen shortly.
Around the Blogosphere
I’m not listing a month’s worth of awesome sites and posts, but please visit the two the wonderful people below that consistently put out amazing content.
I have gotten several books since we last did this in July. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on the person you are), I’m not going through all that shit. Just know there were WAAAY too much.
On the Blog
Check back on Wednesday for awesome Valentine’s Day content, enter the amazing giveaway (that frankly, I am SO JEALOUS over) and snuggle up with the love letters
- Okay, so Shameless is a freaking amazing show. I’m completely obsessed. Of course on the last day of Winter break, I stayed up until two in the morning because I couldn’t stop (and was bleary-eyed at school all the next day).
- Also, Gilmore Girls is still amazing. Anyone else ever just go back and just watched a stray season or episode? Rory, my heart <3 Also Logan??? Sigh. Paris still makes me laugh. That Dean, grrr. You were nice in the beginning, at least.
- Valentine’s Day is approaching!! I cannot wait. I may not have myself a man – a real one at least, but who needs a real one when you’re a bookworm and have several just waiting on the bookshelf ;) – but it’s still one of my favorite holidays of the season! Especially when in between classes, people are just handing out candy. Like that’s nice, I would just be hoarding it for myself, but I appreciate the gesture!
- My dog is a cutie. What could I do without her fluffy face laying on my keyboard and messing everything up? Good thing she’s adorable :)
How was your week? Did you read anything amazing? What are your Vday plans? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you!